Watch the video about
Cracked heels are a common foot problem that are often referred to as heel fissures. Cracked heels are commonly caused by dry skin (xerosis), and made more complicated if the skin around the rim of the heel is thick (callus). For most people this is a nuisance and a cosmetic problem but when the fissures or cracks are deep, they are painful to stand on and the skin can bleed – in severe cases this can become infected.
What can a Foot Care Specialist do for you?
- Perform a physical exam and identify the source of problem and discuss treatment options.
- Perform comprehensive manual debridement of thickened skin.
- Recommend humectants or emollients to properly moisturize your skin.
- Orange Peel Skin Soft for dry heels.
- Paraffin Bath to easily eliminate thick, dry skin on heels Assessment of you current footwear and/or orthotics and provide necessary adjustments. Recommend footwear changes and prescribe custom-made foot orthotics as needed for long-term control and prevention to help prevent the problem from recurring